Ordering options, shipping policy, quantity price discounts, and other information:
- Chestnuts Direct chestnuts are sold in increments of 3 pounds.
- Pre-Orders: Unfortunately, we are unable to hold orders for shipment at a later date. Once received, we will ship the order on the next scheduled shipping date.
- Gift Orders: You have the option to order products as a gift and have them delivered to the gift recipient. You will receive the order confirmation, not the person you are sending the gift to. You can also indicate the text you would like on a gift card by typing it into the Comments box during checkout.
- Quantity Price Discounts: We offer a $0.50 quantity price discount for chestnut orders between 24 lbs. to 99 lbs. For orders of 100 lbs. or higher, please call or e-mail us for quantity price discounts.
We normally ship orders which include fresh chestnuts on Monday and Tuesday (in order to preserve the freshness of our product and to ensure delivery within the same business week). If you placed your order by Monday at 10:00 AM (PST), we will ship the order on that day. However, orders placed after this time will be shipped on Tuesday. All orders are shipped via USPS Priority Flat Rate service. USPS Flat Rate Service is equivalent to the USPS Priority Service in terms of delivery times (usually within 2-4 days).
- Our final shipment of fresh chestnuts will most likely be in early to mid October. Typically, we sell out in that time frame. For chestnuts being used for Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes, please refer to our long term storage techniques on our website.